Evolver Learning Lab FAQ
For our live, interactive classes, Evolver uses Zoom webinars. Using this software, attendees can talk directly with the panelists (like a video call on Skype), chat with other participants, and enjoy a multimedia experience.
Here is some technical information you need to know before getting started.
What are the the system requirements?
- Please log on to the live sessions at the scheduled time of the session using a Windows PC or Mac OS X computer (We recommend Windows 7 or 8.1, OS X Yosemite). Older operating systems (Windows XP or OS X Tiger) may have compatibility issues.
- The link to the live session will only work during the event.
- Mobile support. Watch our live sessions on iOS and Android devices (phone or tablet) by entering the event number (included in the course PDF you receive and our reminder email).
- An email will be sent to you with link to the live session the day before the session. The first time you take an Evolver Learning Lab course or Alchemist's Kitchen Talk you will be prompted to download and install the Zoom plugin. If it doesn't start automatically, go to your downloads folder (or the folder you saved the file to) and run it. Then try logging in again. You won't have to do this again.
Will the sessions be recorded?
- Yes! All Evolver Learning Lab classes are recorded and saved on our servers; participants have access to them permanently.
- After each class, we email a link to the recorded session within the next 24 hours.
- Recordings are provided in MP4 and MP3 formats.
- Please check your spam or promotions folders for our emails, especially for Gmail users.
- Login emails are sent out the day before each live session, and usually right before the session begins.
- Download recording emails are sent out the day after each live session.